The Transportation Alternatives (TA) Set-Aside from the Surface Transportation Block Grant (STBG) Program provides funding for a variety of generally smaller-scale transportation projects such as pedestrian and bicycle facilities; construction of turnouts, overlooks, and viewing areas; community improvements such as historic preservation and vegetation management; environmental mitigation related to stormwater and habitat connectivity; recreational trails; safe routes to school projects; and vulnerable road user safety assessments.
- September 1 – October 3, 2022: Public Comment Opportunity for Project Evaluation Criteria
- September 1 – October 31, 2022: Phase One – Intent to Apply – Communities wishing to apply must submit an NOIA form. Applicants will be asked to provide project title, location/termini, scope, short justification, and answer eligibility screening.
- November – February 2023: Phase Two – Call for Projects – DOT&PF will use preliminary project information to determine eligibility and prepare a Scope, Schedule, and Estimate. Communities develop full project applications for eligible projects.
- March – April 2023: Pre-screening and project package development by DOT&PF for projects to compete at PEB (highest scoring projects).
- April 2023: Statewide Project Evaluation Board (PEB) Meeting
- May 2023: Project Awards Announced
EASIEST WAY TO DONATE For Alaskans
While applying for their PFD online, Alaskans can choose to Pick.Click.Give. in increments of $25. All donations are tax deductible and donors will receive tax documentation from the State once their donations have been processed. Permanent Fund Dividend applications are available from January 1 to March 31, though Alaskans may choose to add or adjust their pledges online through August 31.
Apply for Funding
Grants and Event Sponsorships
The Mat-Su Trails & Parks Foundation partners with organizations and local governments on projects and efforts that expand and enhance the valley’s network of trails and parks. Find out how we can help fund your next trail, park, or recreation project!