Now accepting applications for a Partnership and Outreach Coordinator
Job Title: Partnership and Outreach Coordinator
Salary and Hours: $50,000-$52,500 annual starting salary; Full-time Exempt; 32-35 hours per week. May be required to work some evenings and weekends.
Organization: Mat-Su Trails and Parks Foundation
About Us: The Mat-Su Trails and Parks Foundation is a small non-profit organization based in Palmer, AK, dedicated to supporting trails, parks, and outdoor recreation in the Mat-Su Borough. With a small team of passionate staff and volunteers, we work towards creating a wild, accessible, and world-class trails and parks system in the Mat-Su Borough. As a growing organization, we are seeking a dynamic and motivated individual to join our team as a Partnership and Outreach Coordinator.
Benefits: QSEHRA Employer Health Reimbursement, 3% employer match on Simple IRA, 7 paid holidays, 1-week paid office closure in July, 20 days PTO annually, Mat-Su Borough and Alaska State Parks passes.
Location: Office in downtown Palmer, Alaska. Hybrid and flexible work schedule options. Work will include visits to project sites, playgrounds, parks, and trails throughout the Mat-Su Borough.
Position Overview: The Partnership and Outreach Coordinator will play a key role in managing general administrative tasks, outreach activities, and fundraising efforts. The successful candidate will be creative, engaged, and eager to contribute to the growth and impact of our small but mighty organization!
- Manage emails and public inquiries, ensuring a prompt and helpful response to provide timely information and assistance.
- Manage social media channels, creating compelling content to showcase outdoor opportunities in the Mat-Su, highlight partner collaborations, and promote the foundation’s impactful work.
- Oversee e-news and outreach materials, collaborating closely with the Executive Director to craft compelling content aligned with organizational messaging.
- Participate in ongoing data and research efforts, integrating relevant and needs-based data into the organization’s outreach strategies.
- Coordinate and actively participate in tabling events and other opportunities to effectively promote and represent the organization.
- Plan and execute community outreach events in close coordination with partners, ensuring seamless collaboration and messaging alignment.
- Lead corporate fundraising efforts, developing innovative strategies and cultivating relationships to establish a successful sponsorship program.
- Explore new opportunities for outreach and partnership building, identifying and leveraging avenues for organizational growth.
- Continuously seek ways to enhance fundraising initiatives and engagement strategies, staying abreast of industry trends and implementing improvements for greater impact.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Proven experience in outreach, fundraising, or related roles.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft suite
- Experience with design programs (Adobe InDesign and/or Illustrator, Canva, etc.), and some experience with Adobe photo and video editing.
- Creative mindset and a passion for learning.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Love for the outdoors and an interest in promoting trails and parks in the Mat-Su!
Applicants are not required to possess proficiency in all responsibility areas, as training opportunities will be made available. We encourage candidates to include professional references that emphasize their relevant experience for this position.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to email@example.com. This position is open until filled, with the first review of applications on February 14th, 2024.
The Mat-Su Trails and Parks Foundation does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
EASIEST WAY TO DONATE For Alaskans
While applying for their PFD online, Alaskans can choose to Pick.Click.Give. in increments of $25. All donations are tax deductible and donors will receive tax documentation from the State once their donations have been processed. Permanent Fund Dividend applications are available from January 1 to March 31, though Alaskans may choose to add or adjust their pledges online through August 31.
Apply for Funding
Grants and Event Sponsorships
The Mat-Su Trails & Parks Foundation partners with organizations and local governments on projects and efforts that expand and enhance the valley’s network of trails and parks. Find out how we can help fund your next trail, park, or recreation project!