Mark your Calendars! The Mat-Su Borough will be hosting a meeting to discuss the Government Peak Recreation Area Master Plan on Tuesday February 28th, 2017 from 3pm – 5pm. This another opportunity for the community to engage in shaping the future of this community asset. Come join the Mat-Su Borough Staff, and Chris Beck, from Agnew::Beck for a robust conversation.
What can you expect from the afternoons discussion?
I. Short overview of project goals, outcomes, schedule
- Main objective: try to reach working consensus on priorities for improvements setting a collaborative, shared plan
- Not a big fat plan
- Role/relevance of previous planning work (set sideboards for this project)
- Intro to funding/implementation strategies
II. Introductions – 3 minutes each around the room
- Names, organization mission
- Actions/involvement in Gov’t Peak projects to date
- Brief intro to goals, proposed plans for additional improvements
III. Chris/Dwayne/Emersion – share background information and maps
- Preliminary site opportunities and constraints evaluation
- Existing trails and facilities, synthesis of planned trails
- Extracts of previous plans (including map from recent, not approved master plan)
- Discuss goals for improvements, key issues to resolve, options for solutions
- Facilities functions, locations, specifications (e.g. size of amphitheater, # of parking spaces)
- Trails (expected to be secondary issue)
- Other topics
IV. Funding/implementation strategies
V. Next steps
EASIEST WAY TO DONATE For Alaskans
While applying for their PFD online, Alaskans can choose to Pick.Click.Give. in increments of $25. All donations are tax deductible and donors will receive tax documentation from the State once their donations have been processed. Permanent Fund Dividend applications are available from January 1 to March 31, though Alaskans may choose to add or adjust their pledges online through August 31.
Apply for Funding
Grants and Event Sponsorships
The Mat-Su Trails & Parks Foundation partners with organizations and local governments on projects and efforts that expand and enhance the valley’s network of trails and parks. Find out how we can help fund your next trail, park, or recreation project!