Twice a year the Mat-Su Trails & Parks Foundation reviews and approves grants from community groups, nonprofits, trail advocates and agencies for a wide range of projects. This past Fall, we were please to award grants to the following groups:
- Alaska State Parks – Denali State Park: Kesugi Ridge Latrine Project
- Alaska State Parks – Nancy Lake State Park: Nancy Lake Ski Trail Rehabilitation
- Hatcher Alpine Xperience: Hatcher Pass Alpine Ski Area Trail Clearing
- Mat-Su Ski Club: Government Peak Recreation Area – New XC Ski Trail
- Alaska Pacific University – Spring Creek Farm: Trail Signage Project
- Willow Area Community Organization: Willow Park Trail Project
- Willow Dog Mushers Association: Snow grooming equipment
- Iditarod School: Trails of Inspiration Project
New Grant Cycle!
Our next grant cycle due date is: February 1st 2017
To help streamline the process for our grantees, we have made a few changes to the program. We will be trying some earlier grant cycles that we hope will help everyone in their annual trail or park project planning process. We have also eliminated a step in order to get grants funds to you more quickly. There will no longer be a Letter of Interest phase of the grant cycle; instead, we will work directly with applicants on submitting a full application by each due date. If you haven’t applied in the past, we highly encourage you to contact us ahead of time to review the application to ensure it is complete at the time of submission.