Mark your Calendars for the 2nd Annual Government Peak Music Festival!
As winter begins to fade and we are all thinking about those longer days of summer, start planning now for the Government Peak Music Festival!
Mark your calendars for Saturday July 29th, 2017 to enjoy a relaxing day of music, food, and some of your favorite local hand crafted beers.
This event is a fundraiser for the Mat-Su Trails and Parks Foundation. Come out, show your support, join others like yourself that want to enjoy a wonderful Alaskan Summer evening among the trails at the Government Peak Recreation Area.
We will have lots more information coming your way soon. If you want to help sponsor this event please contact Stuart at the Mat-Su Trails and Parks Foundation at 907-355-7080 or firstname.lastname@example.org! Want to support our mission of an integrated system of trails and parks throughout the Mat-Su Borough, sign up for our newsletter on line and Donate Now!
Mark your Calendars! The Mat-Su Borough will be hosting a meeting to discuss the Government Peak Recreation Area Master Plan on Tuesday February 28th, 2017 from 3pm – 5pm. This another opportunity for the community to engage in shaping the future of this community asset. Come join the Mat-Su Borough Staff, and Chris Beck, from Agnew::Beck for a robust conversation.
What can you expect from the afternoons discussion?
I. Short overview of project goals, outcomes, schedule
- Main objective: try to reach working consensus on priorities for improvements setting a collaborative, shared plan
- Not a big fat plan
- Role/relevance of previous planning work (set sideboards for this project)
- Intro to funding/implementation strategies
II. Introductions – 3 minutes each around the room
- Names, organization mission
- Actions/involvement in Gov’t Peak projects to date
- Brief intro to goals, proposed plans for additional improvements
III. Chris/Dwayne/Emersion – share background information and maps
- Preliminary site opportunities and constraints evaluation
- Existing trails and facilities, synthesis of planned trails
- Extracts of previous plans (including map from recent, not approved master plan)
- Discuss goals for improvements, key issues to resolve, options for solutions
- Facilities functions, locations, specifications (e.g. size of amphitheater, # of parking spaces)
- Trails (expected to be secondary issue)
- Other topics
IV. Funding/implementation strategies
V. Next steps
Happy New Years! We are celebrating the launch of our new website! After several months of development, we went LIVE right after New Years. Please take a moment to explore the new site. There you will find updated information on our grant program, trail resources, how you can support our work and more. We look forward to another productive year working with our partners throughout the Mat-Su Borough on trails and parks projects that improve our quality of life here!